Thursday, June 28, 2007

Eleven Days and Counting...

I can hardly believe that I am leaving in 11 days!! I am so excited about leaving but am also sad to be leaving my family and friends! The past couple of weeks I have been trying to be so purposeful with my time and trying to make sure I spend serious quality time with everyone before I leave. My sister, her husband and their two kids were down for my niece's first birthday two weekends ago. It was such a blessing because my sister and the kids were able to stay in Bend for an extra week! I had so much fun spending time with them! I cannot believe how old the kids are getting and how much they are learning and growing--It is going to be so weird seeing them 9 months from now--they will practically be teenagers by then:)

I have had the absolute privelege to mentor/disciple two amazing young women for the past almost one year!! We have walked together in a lot of areas of life and they have seasoned my life in incredible ways. I will miss them! They graduated from high school this year so we have all kind of worked through transition seasons together, too. For a little going away, last hoorah, we were able to go up to a cabin on Mt. Hood this past weekend. It was so much fun. We did everything from roasting marshmallows to hot tubing to baking our own dinner to even a randomly spontaneous day trip to Portland. We literally rolled out of bed to see my sister and the kids off (they stayed with us one night) and while we were about to head back to the cabin we decided to just drive to Portland. It was such a great time!! Unfortunately, it was so spontaneous that we didn't have our cameras with us, which would have been fun to have to catch the moment. We ate at a Lebonese restaurant, which was a new one for the girls. Needless to say, it was a memorable time.

Here are some pictures of the weekend!















So, there is a mini update with lots of pictures for you enjoyment:) I will keep you posted as time gets closer. Please pray for wisdom as I seek to use my time in a wise way! Thank you!

1 comment:

Daddio said...

thanks for updating, shayla...only missing some pics of the men/man/daddio in your life...i'll miss you, as if you didn't know...

Locations of visitors to this page