Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Weekend O' Fun!

i had a very full and fun-filled weekend!! Saturday was one of my friend's wedding shower. Her soon-to-be sister-in-law threw it. It was a Tea Party Theme so she brought her husband's great-grandma's hats and we all got to wear them. It was a good time hanging out with my girls. Here are some pictures:







About a month ago some friends of mine from my church decided they wanted to throw a fundraiser for my trip to Africa! I knew it was going to be fun but I had no idea that it was going to be as fun as it was!! I had an absolute blast!! It was so great hanging out with friends and I just could not stop praising the Lord for putting these people in my life!! Not only are they incredibly generous with all their resources but they are all amazing emotional, and spiritual supports in all I do!! I am so thankful for the people God has put in my life!

My friends sacrificially provided a way for others to help support my trip...it truley was the gift that kept on giving!!

There was jewelery sales, make-up sales and waxing:) My mom and I made some African dishes I found online that was a huge hit!!

Seriously, though, it was way too much fun to be any kind of fundraiser!! Thank you everyone for being so generous and loving toward me!

Here are some pics of the fun event. Sorry some of the pictures are sideways...work with me...:

















So, last but not least, i wanted to let you all know that I recieved my departure date!! I am going to be leaving Bend JULY 10!! I know, it is crazy and just around the corner!! I will fill you all in more later, but I wanted to give you that update. I will only you give you guys a nugget at a time because I could be on this thing all night!!

2 comments:

Daddio said...

keep up on your blog whilst (kjv) away in yonder (olde english) country side (africa). i'll miss you

daddio

Unknown said...

hi.i was on myspace.but you dont have one.so i went on here, and was like "hey...!" there are a couple of gross picturos of me on here, but its chill...something for you not to forget me byyy!!! ok so, im done. its 10:47 and were lieaving at 5 tomorrow for MEXICO.so i gotta go...and watch 3 hours of what not to wear,so my dad doesnt delete them, so i had better start that now, and also i have to pack stuff for the trip. i went to wild oats to get snacks, i got pita chips..they are garlicy, and also vitamin water. the vitamin water isnt garlicy however, did you know that 50 cent makes vitamin water,,,well he doesnt make it.he kinda owns it or whatever.and also i saw caleb at wild oats. hes the courtesy clerk. he cleans up trays with coffee and juice mixed and once it spilled on his shoe...but serioulsy i ihave to go. fun talking withyou!!!! well not with you, rather, to you. so yea im done here cuz its hard to type cuz the keyboard is uneven and every letter i type on the upper right hand side makes it jiggle around and its not the coolest ever. ok so bye.i like typing can you tell???

Locations of visitors to this page