Monday, August 11, 2008

I know, I know, It's AUGUST!

I cannot believe it has been so long since i have written! When people talk about time flying, sometimes it seems merely like a figure of speech, but I will not lie to you, time is flying!! It seems weird to me that already the mornings are getting chillier and the days are so much shorter...summer, is almost officially over! I am thankful for the forecast this week that calls for 90's for the whole week, but I can't believe when i look at the calendar and see that we are only a couple short weeks away from September.

Upon arriving home from Kenya, I had a really hard first couple of months. It seemed as though i cried 3-5 times a week without explanation and I wondered if i would ever feel "normal" again. Graciously, God enabled me to move out of my parents house and have my very own little apartment. It was just the right size for me and it came at just the right time. During my transition home I really needed a place of solace; a place that I could be alone if i needed to, a place that I could have people over if i needed to. It was truley a place of rest and healing in a time in my life when it was so necessary. It never ceases to amaze me that God knows what we need and provides for our needs even when we don't see it as a need. Only in hindsight do i see the impecable timing of this all...i didn't even know how badly i needed it until i walked through it and was able to look back...

There were a couple months after the initial two really hard months where i felt as though i was getting back into the swing of things. I was working, meeting new people, spending time with my friends and family, and just rebuilding foundations in my life that seemed to get lost in the midst of everything...i was loving every bit of it!

A few weeks ago i found myself thinking a lot...wondering what i wanted to do longterm...wanting to be close to my friends and family but also wanting to step out in whatever direction God may have wanted to direct me in. It's difficult because I am not the same person I was before I left for Kenya...I am not the same person i was when I got home from Kenya...and I am not the same person I was 2 short months ago...I long to be where the Lord wants me to be...and I am praying for direction to that end. I have began looking into a few different organizations and I am going to just start submitting my resume places and see what doors He opens and closes. If you think of me, you can pray for God's leading in my life. My ultimate desire is to follow after Him and to be where He wants me to be and i am confident that as I acknowledge Him, He will direct my path.

So, there is an overview as to what has been going on in my heart and mind these last 5 months. I appreciate all of you who still read this! You're support is immeasurably treasured to me!

Till next time!

Shayla

3 comments:

Myka said...

i will pray that God will show you what He wants you to do and be! i miss you! hope to talk with you soon!

SLR said...

Yay. I am so glad you finally posted. I love knowing how to specifically pray for you. I love you my friend.

SLR said...

Sooo now it is October... I want to see pics of the new place. I hope you did before and after you decorated! I love ya

Locations of visitors to this page